How Does Central Heating Work?
Central Heating is a system for warming a home / building. The most common type of central heating systems have a primary heating appliance, such as a furnace. The furnace is usually located in your basement or garage. The method of heat generation involves the combustion of gases, generated by the burners in your furnace and passed through a heat exchanger. Warm air is delivered throughout your home typically by forced-air through ductwork.
All furnaces consist of 4 main components.
- 1. Burners that deliver & Burn Fuel
- 2. Heat Exchangers
- 3. A blower
- 4. Flue (Exhaust Stack) acts as an exhaust for gaseous by product.
Central Heating Services Offered by BHI
- Central Heating Diagnostic
- Repair or Replace Furnace
- Repair or Replace Ductwork
- Repair or Replace Thermostat
- Repair Leaks