Maintenance - BHI Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning
Do not wait for last minute maintenance! BHI highly recommends keeping up with your plumbing, heating & air conditioning on a regular basis, saving you hundreds, even thousands of dollars.
To prevent problems BHI recommends that homeowners maintain a plumbing maintenance schedule.
- Have your main line snaked once a year if you are connected to the municipal sewer system. This prevents root intrustion and sludge build up that can lead to a messy sewage backup.
- If you have a septic system, BHI recommends having the tank pumped out every 3-5 years.
* Call the professionals at BHI to find out if your home is on a septic tank system or if you are connected to the city sewer main line
- Drain water heater at least once a year to get rid of sediment and minerals such as calcium and lime that could affect your heaters performance.
HVAC - Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning
When heating and AC systems are combined to control a home or buildings climate, the entire system is called an HVAC system (Heating, Ventilation, & AC). Its primary goal is to provide thermal comfort and acceptable indoor air quality. This includes oxygen replenishment, removal of smoke, heat, dust, air borne bacteria, carbon dioxide, and other gases. This whole system works together to ensure a safe & comfortable home for you and your family.
You can count on BHI to keep you cool on a hot sizzling summer day. Schedule your annual AC system maintenance during spring season. This will ensure that it runs at peak efficiency before summer. Service Includes:
- Checking filter
- Oil motor & bearing if applicable
- Check temperatures
- Check wiring
- Clean condenser coils
- Check overall condition of unit
- Clean contactor
- Extra charge to replace filter & add fluids
- Inspect duct work
- Thermostat- test for proper operation, calibrate, and level
- Inspect for combustible material around furnace
- Ingnition system- test for safe and proper operation
- Visual inspection of heat exchanger for dangerous cracks
- Measure supply/return temperature differential
- Safety & control circuits- test for proper operation
- Clean existing air filter (as needed)
(replacement of filters will be an extra cost)
- Furnace burner- clean and inspect
- Heat exchangers- clean and inspect
- Exhaust system- test for proper venting
- Gas pressure- measure and adjust for peak efficiency
- Blower motor- measure amperage and voltage
- Electric wiring- inspect and tighten connections
- Natural gas- check for leaks
- Carbon monoxide- test air flow duct system for carbon monoxide